Deadline: 15 June 2018
Through this Call for Proposals, UN Women is seeking proposals from organizations with track record in human and women’s rights and gender equality, community and grassroots sensitization to implement interventions in selected regions of Mara, Simiyu, Geita, Shinyanga, Tabora, Singida, Kigoma, Mwanza and Dodoma, that aim at transforming gender norms so that women are accepted as legitimate and effective leaders particularly through increasing knowledge and skills of traditional and religious leaders, women’s networks and groups, CSOs, CBOs and local governance structures to actively support women aspiring for positions of political leadership at the village, ward, constituency and even national levels.
Outcome: Women are perceived as equally legitimate and effective leaders as men:
Output: Community, traditional and religious leaders, grassroots women’s organizations, networks and CBOs, understanding of gender equality and women’s right to political participation is promoted.
A term of one year starting date being July 2018 and completion of services June 2019.
- Gender and human rights organizations that have specialized knowledge, expertise, mandate and track record on community and grassroots mobilization and sensitization to implement interventions that aim at transforming gender norms including working with traditional and religious leaders, women’s networks and groups, CSOs, CBOs and local governance structures to actively support women rights and gender equality including leadership and political participation.
- Legal status: Applicants must have valid legal status with the Government of Tanzania. (A valid Certificate of Registration under NGO Act 2002 is required)
- Gender equality focus: Applicants must demonstrate experience implementing similar Programmes on women’s rights and gender equality with a focus on promoting women’s political empowerment and leadership through grassroots and community engagement and sensitization including working with traditional leaders, women’s networks and groups, CSOs, CBOs and local governance structures. An organizational resume or CV of past implementing experience and areas of expertise in Mainland and/or Zanzibar (Documents required)
- Audit reports: Applicant must have certified audit reports for 2-3 previous fiscal years (and 2017 if available) (Audit reports required)
- Endorsement: Applicants must submit at least one Letter of Endorsement from a gender equality or women’s empowerment mechanism, governmental authority on gender equality, or other multi-stakeholder institution (including UN offices other than UN Women). Please note: To ensure fairness, Letters of Endorsement by UN Women offices will not be accepted. (Letters of Endorsement required).
How to Apply
All proposals MUST be submitted through email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Tanzania
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.