Deadline: 7 November 2019
- RNE will through this call for proposals provide funding for organisations’ work within this thematic area, starting from 2019.
- The project may be up to 4 years in duration.
- Funding from 2020 and onwards is subject to Norwegian Parliamentary appropriations and the Letter of Allocation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to RNE.
- No application is automatically entitled to funding under this grant scheme.
Objective and Target Group
According to the international studies is Tanzania slightly above the international average concerning women’s rights and equality. However, when it comes to women’s involvement and participation in the political and economic spheres Tanzania do score below average. Women’s democratic involvement is important for securing a wider participation of the population, getting a variety of perspectives and raising concerns of women higher on the local and national agenda. Strengthening of local women organisations will also contribute to a stronger civil society in Tanzania. On this background the RNE is announcing this call for proposals.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Proposals sent by the applicants should align with the following objective:
- Increased participation of women in democratic processes at all levels of the society, from the villages and communities to the national level.
This can be achieved in various ways, for example by strengthening the organisational capacity of women groups and organisations. Either by improving their organisational and administrative capacity as such, or within certain areas, for example on how to do effective advocacy or how to mobilise women for a certain cause. Another approach might be to support organisations that do training and mentoring (capacity development) of women at various levels, with the aim of empowering them to be engaged or take up leadership positions in public- or private sector, the civil society, or in the political sphere.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applications can include:
- Support to national and/or community based organisations, groups and networks that support or gather women and girls (women better organised).
- Strengthening the organisational capacity of women groups and organisations.
- Support organisations that do training (capacity development) of women, with the aim of empowering them to be engaged or take up leadership positions in public- or private sector, the civil society, or in the political sphere.
- Promote political participation of women.
The target groups (beneficiaries) for the proposals should be:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Women groups, networks or organisations in Tanzania that directly or indirectly contribute to the participation of women in democratic processes and decision making at the local or national level.
- Applications for projects that do not meet the formal requirements as set out in this call for proposals will not be given individual consideration.
- The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Dar es Salaam will assess applicants’ expertise, experience and capacity in working on gender issues, as well as their administrative capacity. For applicants that have previously received a grant from Norway, experience from previous allocations, including reporting, financial management and performance, will form part of the assessment.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Organisations that may apply for funding:
- National civil society organisations or networks that has the skills, resources and abilities to support and strengthen the capacity of local women groups/organisations.
- Applicants must document that the following criteria are met:
- The applicant must be an independent legal person. Accurate and complete information about the nature of the organisation must be provided.
- The applicant must have the necessary expertise and administrative capacity to be able to implement the project(s).
- The applicant document insight and experience in various methods for capacity development, accompaniment and mentoring.
- The applicant must demonstrate good insight into the issues concerned and be able to document experience working on organisational development and/or gender issues.
All project proposals must meet the following criteria:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The project must be in line with the objectives for this call for proposal (stated above).
- The project must have clearly defined, realistic and measurable goals, and applications must include a description of the current situation (baseline) and indicators that will make it possible to measure and report results.
- The project must include a comprehensive risk assessment.
- The project must be cost-effective, and this must be reflected in a detailed budget.
- Indirect operational expenses (administrative costs) above 7% of the budget will not be supported.
- The budget must include funding from all sources.
- The grant recipient must not make a profit from the grant.
- The applicant must indicate how the project fits in with other actors’ activities in the same geographical area, so as to avoid overlap with other projects.
- Only one application per applicant
Assessment of Applications
In the assessment of applications, the Embassy will emphasize the following elements:
- Participation of target groups, local ownership, sustainability and exit-strategy.
- Relevance of the project when it comes to design and approach as well as the local context.
- Assessment and management of risks, including the risk of doing harm to any of the four Norwegian cross-cutting issues;
Funding will not be provided for:
- financing the export or import of goods or services
- marketing goods or services
- political parties
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online through the MFA Grant Portal via given website.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.norway.no/en/tanzania/norway-tanzania/news-events/news2/call-for-proposals-on-mobilisation-of-woman-for-democratic-and-political-participation-in-tanzania/