Deadline: 5 April 2018
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, U.S. Embassy Prague has announced the third installment of their annual small grants competition focusing on advancing women’s progress toward becoming full and equal participants in society, including through increasing the participation of women in government, business and public life in the Czech Republic.
The Embassy is soliciting proposals with outstanding merit that aim to promote gender equality, remove barriers to leadership opportunities and combat stereotypes, including by engaging men in these efforts.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Applicants may request funds ranging from $10,000 to $25,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
U.S. Embassy Prague will consider grants with the following themes:
- Supporting women’s political participation at the local, regional and national levels, including through leadership and training initiatives, as well as mentoring programs and other initiatives.
- Promoting women’s economic participation, including by fostering entrepreneurship, increasing access to capital and markets, promoting equality in pay, and removing barriers to leadership opportunities in business.
- Combatting stereotypes that impede women’s advancement in the public, non-profit and economic spheres, including through the use of information campaigns or through cultural initiatives.
- Preventing gender-based violence.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Preference will be given to individuals and institutions with a proven track record of executing superior programs.
- The Embassy grants cannot be used to fund religious organizations or partisan political activity; individual trips abroad (i.e. out of the Czech Republic); trade activities; fundraising campaigns; charitable activities; humanitarian aid; commercial projects; scientific research; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development and operational costs of the organization; health care; or representational expenses (lunch, alcoholic beverages, flowers, etc.).
- The Embassy also cannot give grants to commercial or for-profit firms.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application form electronically as an attachment (in DOC format) at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Eligible Country: Czech Republic
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Prague’s Fund for Women’s Empowerment.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.