Deadline: 30 April 2017
The Embassy of Switzerland has announced a Call for Proposals for Gender Equality related projects to be supported through the Small Actions grants of the Swiss Cooperation Programme in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Small Actions grants aim to support innovative small-scale and social relevant interventions of limited duration that contribute to achieving the results outlined in the Swiss Cooperation Strategy in BiH 2017-2020.
Through the Gender Equality Small Actions the Swiss Cooperation aims to support creative, change-oriented, and socially relevant actions aimed at enhancing the empowerment of women and gender equality at local and national levels.
This Call for Proposals for Gender Equality Small Actions will support initiatives under the following themes:
- women’s social and economic empowerment,
- women’s political empowerment,
- reduction of gender based violence,
- civil society strengthening,
- institutional strengthening,
- aim at enhancing the empowerment of women and gender equality at local and national levels;
- address one or more themes presented under this Call for Proposals;
- be developed in a participatory way and reflect a clear need of the selected target beneficiaries;
- not finance exclusively the purchase of equipment or the provision of consulting services;
- take place mainly in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- be future oriented;
- provide quality information and describe the feasibility of proposed activities in the application (applicant’s understanding of the problem to be addressed by the project, general description of the activities and the results to be achieved, coherence with the Swiss Cooperation Strategy);
- include financial or in-kind own contribution of the applicant (not less than 15 % of total budget).
- not have duration more than 18 months or longer than January 31, 2019.
- not exceed requested contribution over BAM 90’000. (Applications will be carefully reviewed taking in account cost benefit/effectiveness of proposed activities and budget, and capacities of the applicant)
Competence, Reliability and Contribution of the Recipient/Applying Organization
Partner organizations must:
- be registered in BiH and have adequate organizational structures and a sound financial record;
- demonstrate competence for the proposed initiative and provide references of projects completed or under implementation.
Each organization or institution can receive funding only for one project in the current phase of the Small Actions grants (2017-January 2019).
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send electronic copies of the duly completed application form and attached budget form at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.