Deadline: 10 August 2019
The grant aims to support young independent filmmakers from Pakistan. The pitched proposals must have under 25 young people working in the key roles in the projects.
Projects seeking for support shall include narrative/fiction films, documentary films, and new media projects that align with themes of gender equality, violence against children specially young girls and women, and empowerment of the marginalized from gender and rights perspective.
The call aims to support projects that address themes related to gender based discrimination, women and girl’s education, violence against women & girls, child abuse and harassment.
- Gender based discrimination: Biases in the workplace, income levels, employment opportunities, stereotypes about women’s domesticated roles and other similar narratives.
- Women and girls’ education: Inspirational stories of women and girls overcoming social and financial obstacles to attend and complete schooling, stories demonstrating the positive impact of education on women and girls, etc.
- Violence Against Women & Girls (VAWG): Physical or mental violence.
- Child abuse: Physical, sexual, neglect.
- Harassment: including in public places, at the workplace, on the streets. However, instead of emphasizing on the negative, these stories will focus on how women/girls overcome instances of public harassment either by themselves or through the law (each story reminding viewers of the legal, physical and social protection afforded to them by law).
- Grants are available for production and post production stages. The outcome of the grants will be the short film produced for the showcase.
- The ceiling of the grant is 100,000 PKR for each project.
- Applications from Pakistan (individual filmmakers or production companies).
- Applicants should be 18+ years old.
- Under 25 young people should be engaged in the key roles of the project in any capacities.
- Applicants should be able to provide samples of their work.
- Completed films may be in any language spoken in Pakistan, but shall be subtitled in Urdu/English, whatever the case may be.
- Short Film Projects (4-10 minutes)
- Narrative / fiction
- New Media Projects (3-10 minutes)
- Narrative / fiction
How to Apply
- Please submit a 2-page proposal that shall include the narrative of the story/idea, and explanation of how the small grant funds will be used for the project.
- Please send the applications via email at the address given on the website with the title “Proposal Submission – Grants for Short Films”.
For more information, please visit https://zerommfest.com/festival-funding/