Deadline: 11 August 2019
UNWOMEN Bangladesh is inviting applications for its “Means to lead: Empowering Rohingya refugee and host community women through leadership, learning and livelihoods” programme to boost women’s leadership.
The project draws on the key elements of UN Women’s global flagship programme on women’s Leadership, Empowerment, Access & Protection in Crisis Response (LEAP) initiative, the project enhances access of women to learning opportunities, livelihoods and income generating activities through a three- pronged approach of leadership, learning and livelihoods and better service delivery.
It has developed a humanitarian response programme in partnership with the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs to meet the specific needs of the most vulnerable and marginalized Rohingya Refugee Women and Girls and the women and girls in the host communities affected by the refugee influx in Cox’s Bazar.
- Collectively deliver protection to refugee women, men, girls and boys; Empower individuals and communities; and ensure that all aspects of the response contribute to an enabling environment for the rights and well-being of affected populations.
- Foster social cohesion. Stabilize and sustain the response in close collaboration with the Government of Bangladesh, by ensuring equitable access to quality resources and services for affected populations, building resilience and strengthening capacities.
- Technical/functional competencies required;
- Organization is legally registered in Bangladesh for more than 5 years and having grassroots presence in Cox’sBazar;
- Demonstration of a strong background on women empowerment and humanitarian/development programming in camps and host communities in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh;
- Demonstration of experience providing leadership trainings for Rohingya and host community women and girls;
- Organization having proven credibility on gender equality in Bangladesh;
- Proven operational capacity in humanitarian response context;
- Good track record with UN agencies;
- Qualified human resources to deliver programme results;
- Have accountable financial, procurement and HR management;
- Demonstration strong monitoring and evaluation capacity.
- Applicants must meet all mandatory requirements/pre-qualification criteria;
- Applicant must be a women.
How to Apply
Proposals should be sent via email address given in the website.
For more information please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=57917