Deadline: 13 March 2020
The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects outstanding young advocates with the platforms, the people, and the resources that can amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality.
The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program provides young advocates with opportunities to build and strengthen their advocacy knowledge and skills. The program has:
- Trained 469 Young Leaders through the Digital University learning platform.
- Supported 200+ Young Leaders speaking and advocacy opportunities in 2019.
- Brought together 140 Young Leaders at local workshops.
- Awarded $700,000 in grants.
Women Deliver Young Leaders also gain:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Global visibility as champions for the health and rights of girls and women through media and communications opportunities.
- Networking opportunities with high-level decision-makers, media, private sector representatives, and other change-makers, including other Women Deliver Young Leaders, Alumni, and activists around the world.
- Membership to the Women Deliver Young Leaders Alumni Network for continued learning, networking, and support upon successful completion of the program.
The 2020 Class of Women Deliver Young Leaders participates in a two-year program, beginning in May 2020 and ending following the Women Deliver 2022 Conference. Once on boarded, Young Leaders will have access to the program’s platforms, people, and resources. Class of 2020 participants will also be offered access to scholarships to the conference, and upon successful completion of the program join the Women Deliver Young Leaders Alumni Network.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Individuals between the ages of 15 and 28 at the start of the program (1 May 2020) are eligible to apply.
- Women Deliver defines young people as individuals between the ages of 15 and 30. In keeping with their commitment to young people and to ensure Women Deliver Young Leaders are age 30 or under for the duration of the program, they cap entry at age 28.
- Please note that the program also requires the following:
- Regular access to email and the internet
- Access to a bank account or PayPal account for sponsored opportunities
- Proficiency in English
- Women Deliver is interested in applicants from all stages and levels of advocacy work — whether that be through policy and advocacy, community organizing, journalism and media, law, academia, research, medical and healthcare provision, creative arts, or other relevant sectors.
- Women Deliver welcomes advocates working to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights. They also invite applicants with a focus on other topics of gender equality, such as economic opportunity, political participation and leadership, violence prevention, access to education, nutrition, maternal health, climate change, and more.
How to Apply
- To be considered for the Women Deliver Young Leaders Program, all candidates must complete the application via given website.
- You are permitted to submit only one application.
- Women Deliver will notify applicants with decisions by late April 2020, and the program will officially begin in May 2020.
For more information, visit https://womendeliver.org/youth/young-leaders-program/apply/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.