Deadline: 28 September 2018
Are you an activist in the Netherlands? Are you part of a group of girls, women, trans or intersex people? Are you doing work that changes the world? And do you need funding for your work? If yes, then apply for a Spark Grant!
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Mama Cash supports up-and-coming feminist activism in the Netherlands with small grants. These grants, from Mama Cash’s Spark Portfolio, are intended to strengthen the bold work of marginalised communities in the Netherlands working on the rights of women, girls, trans and intersex people living in the Netherlands.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
These grants range from 500 to 2000 euros per project.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Groups led by women, girls, trans people and intersex people. Those whose rights are concerned are the decision makers in the project.
- Example: If a group is working on trans rights, it should be trans people deciding about the groups’ activities and how their money should be spent. The spokespersons for the group should be trans people, as well as those being paid. Non- trans people can also work for the group in different capacities providing they are not the ones leading it.
- Groups working from a feminist and/or women’s, girls, trans and intersex rights perspective.
- Example: A project proposed to work on issues of women and housing puts the particular experiences of women at the core of its work. The group identifies the particular barriers women face in accessing decent and affordable housing. They also speak to the challenges of different groups of women (e.g. urban women and rural women) in accessing housing. The experiences of women and the issues they face are at the core of the project, rather than included as one of many elements of the project, and the solution they propose reflects this.
- Working on contested and urgent political issues in the Netherlands.
- Example: A group of Muslim women organize for their rights and try to make their concerns heard in an environment where wearing a hijab, niqab, or similar covering is contested by both state bodies and members of the public.
- Working on structural and systemic change.
- Example: A migrant women’s group provides shelter services to other migrant women in order to respond to their immediate needs in the short-term. But the group also works to tackle the fundamental barriers to accessing such services so that other migrant women they can’t or don’t reach can also benefit in the longer-term.
In addition, the Spark Portfolio will Priorities:
Non-formalized/non-registered, nascent groups with a budget below €30,000 per year, and have limited resources (e.g. no paid staff, no office space, etc.)
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
How to Apply
- Applicants can submit their application either in written form, video recording or voice recording via given website.
- Mama Cash accepts applications in English and Dutch.
- Note: Applicants does not need a bank account, residence permit, or any other form of identification to apply. Also, their organisation does not have to be registered as a ‘stichting’ to apply.
For more information, please visit Mama Cash.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.