Deadline: 19 July 2019
In support of the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP), the Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB), U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL, or the Department), has announced the availability of approximately $5,000,000 total costs (subject to the availability of Federal funds) for one cooperative to fund one technical assistance project in Colombia to economically empower vulnerable women and girls.
The objective of the project is to reduce the risk of child labor, forced labor, and other violations of labor rights for vulnerable women and girls within the agricultural sector.
The project will aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Improved economic participation in quality jobs within the agricultural sector by women and adolescent girls identified as vulnerable to child labor, forced labor, and/or other violations of labor rights.
- Outcome 1.1: Vulnerable women and girls have an improved understanding of their rights and increased ability to access protections against child labor, forced labor, and other violations of labor rights.
- Outcome 1.2: Vulnerable women and girls have enhanced skills.
- Outcome 1.3: Vulnerable women and girls have increased opportunities for economic advancement.
- Outcome 2: Improved practices by government and private sector actors to reduce vulnerability of women and girls of legal working age to child labor, forced labor, and other violations of labor rights within the agricultural sector.
- Approximately $5,000,000 total costs is expected to be available to fund one award. Applicants may apply for a ceiling amount of up to $5,000,000 total costs.
- The period of performance is a maximum of four years (48 months) from the effective date of the award.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- U.S. organizations:
- Non-U.S. organizations:
- Non-U.S. Entities, including PIOs, as described in 2 CFR 200.46.
- Applicants do not need previous experience managing Federal awards, but they must speak persuasively about their ability to leverage other previous experience and bring it to scale in support of a large Federal investment.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application package via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=315939