Deadline: 23 March 2017
UN Women Uganda is seeking proposals from women-led Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) with innovative and high impact programmes on the advancement of gender equality, protection of women’s rights and the empowerment of women to help localize Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by promoting women’s political participation and leadership.
Call objective: To develop and implement a project aimed at conducting civic education and enhancing community understanding of gender equality and women’s right to political participation.
The overall objective of the program is:
- To enhance community understanding of gender equality and women’s right to political participation and leadership
- To enhance the capacity of the media to promote positive portrayals of women leaders and gender equality as a social goal.
- To build the capacity of cultural institutions to advocate for and promote women’s role in leadership and decision making
- To facilitate implementation of gender, culturally and conflict sensitive civic education on women’s rights and political participation
- Component 1: Develop tools for conducting Gender Sensitive Civic education
- Component 2: Conduct civic education to communities at the national and community level
- Component 3: Media engagement
- Component 4: Engagement with cultural institutions
Note: Applicants should submit separate proposals for each component above.
- Develop a tool for conducting Gender Sensitive Civic education –70,000,000 UGX
- Conduct civic education to communities at the national and community level using innovative channels to reach large numbers in targeted areas -162,000,000 UGX
- Media engagement -70,000,000 UGX
- Engagement with cultural institutions -70,000,000 UGX
- Women’s rights organizations that are legally registered in Uganda and have specialized knowledge, expertise and track record of working on women’s human rights in the context of governance and decision making programming, including but not limited to: non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and media networks at national or sub-national level).
- Legal status: Applicants must have valid legal status with the Government of Uganda. (A valid Certificate of Registration is required)
- Gender equality focus: Applicant must demonstrate experience implementing programmes on gender equality and women empowerment with a focus on political participation, media engagement and engagement with cultural institutions through an organizational resume or CV of past implementing experience and areas of expertise. (Documents required)
- Women leadership: Applicants must have at least 50% women on its Board and its staff, with substantive representation of women in leadership positions. (Documents required)
- Audit reports: Applicants must have certified audit reports for 2-3 previous fiscal years i.e. 2014, 2015 (and 2016 if available) (Audit reports required)
- Endorsement: Applicants must submit at least one Letter of Endorsement from gender equality or women’s empowerment mechanism, governmental authority on gender equality, or other multistakeholder institution (including UN offices other than UN Women).
- Note: To ensure fairness, Letters of Endorsement by UN Women offices will not be accepted. (Letters of Endorsement Required)
How to Apply
All submissions should be delivered through one of the following: Personal Delivery/ Courier mail/ Registered Mail addressed at the address given on the website, with “REF: PPL/ Call for Proposals CFP/02/2017” as the subject line.
Eligible Country: Uganda
For more information, please visit UN Women Uganda.