Deadline: 21 May 2020
The implementing agencies are UNDP, UN Women, UNFPA, UNICEF, OHCHR, UNHCR, and IOM. The programme coverage is nationwide with a progressive approach to the 15 Liberia counties. In addition, the project initially targets five hotspot counties including Nimba, Grand Gedeh, Lofa, Grand Cape Mount and Montserrado which is due to the high prevalence of SGBV/HPs and less SRHR. Given the high levels of violence that women and girls continue to experience, the EU/UN Spotlight Initiatives (a multi-national partnership initiative) was designed with the aim to eliminate violence against women and girls, which is seen as a major obstacle to the fulfilment of women’s and girls’ human rights and to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as well as increase access to sexual and reproductive health and rights services) in Liberia. The programme is being implemented in the five most-affected counties (Montserrado, Grand Cape Mount, Lofa, Nimba and Grand Gedeh).
Implemented in the context of the Pro-Poor Agenda for Prosperity and Development of the GoL, the EU/UN Spotlight Programme aims to support the Government of Liberia in its efforts to build a society where vulnerable women and girls and marginalized groups can enjoy their full rights and achieve their potential in a secure and safe environment. Its ultimate goal is to reduce significantly the prevalence of SGBV, HPs and their inter-linkages with sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The EU/UN Spotlight Initiative is premised on the existing UN/Government of Liberia (GOL) Joint Programme on SGBV and HPs. Organized under 6 pillars, it aims to:
- Strengthen policies, legislation and regulatory frameworks;
- Enhance integrated multi-sectoral capacities of national institutions, organizations and partners in preparedness, prevention and response;
- Improve social norms and practices, through inclusive participation and awareness raising of communities on the negative impacts of deep-rooted socio-cultural gender norms and HP;
- Integrate multi-sectoral response services to all survivors ensuring effectiveness and efficiency;
- Develop a multi-sectoral Information Management System (IMS) to support evidence based planning and monitoring of results;
- Develop and operationalize a coherent and inclusive framework engaging the different actors including CSOs, the private sector and women’s movement groups to eliminate violence against women and girls in Liberia.
UNDP is requesting qualified National or Community-based Media institutions to submit a proposal that seeks to:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Create awareness on SGBV prevention, community participation relative to the impact of COVID-19 via electronic and print media.
- Conduct awareness on early warning signals on SGBV in connection to COVID-19 pandemic in simple English on national and community radios.
- Conduct radio outreach programs for survivors and witnesses providing information on access to justice using the referral pathway in collaboration with the MoJ/SGBV Crimes Unit and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide regular update and report on incidence of SGBV crimes in target locations during the lockdown period and beyond as well as financial reports.
- Work with the relevant government institutions and other stakeholders for proper coordination to raise awareness for GEWE in response to VAWG including SGBV/HP and promote access to SRHR services for women and girls.
- Financial proposal- detailed budget against each activity identified.
Your Proposal must be expressed in English, and valid for a minimum period of 120 Days.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Media Institution implementation teams should possess the following key competencies:
- Advocacy and communications skills
- Project Coordination;
- Development of strategies, plans and /or programs to prevent and respond to VAWG, including SGBV/HP, and promote women and girls’ SRHR, for women and girls facing intersecting and multiple forms of discrimination.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Grants will be awarded to organizations based on the following considerations:
- Media Institution registered in Liberia with office in Montserrado and/or other selected Spotlight counties.
- The organization’s proven administrative and financial management capacity to undertake the project;
- The feasibility and soundness of the proposal with sustainability strategies and related budget; and
- The capacity of the Media Institution;
- The legitimacy and quality of the contribution and values that the Media Institution can provide for the attainment of development results and maximizing the impact of a programme/project.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=65896
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.