The City of Mostar and the ReLOaD2 project are inviting all civil society organizations that have experience in the implementation of youth projects, which operate in the area of the City of Mostar, to submit project proposals related to the development goals of the City of Mostar.
ReLOaD2 is a regional project financed by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) in six countries/territories of the Western Balkans, namely: Albania, the Republic of North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo and Serbia.
The overall goal of the project is to strengthen participatory democracy and EU integration in the Western Balkans, by empowering civil society and encouraging young people to actively participate in the decision-making process, as well as improving the stimulating legal and financial environment for civil society.
The specific goal of the project is to strengthen partnerships between local authorities and civil society in the Western Balkans, by expanding the successful model of transparent project financing of CSOs (LOD methodology) from the budget of local self-government units, aimed at greater civic participation and youth participation in decision-making processes and improvement of service provision in local communities.
- Within the consultative process, four thematic areas were prioritized:
- Projects that contribute to the voluntary engagement of young people through the arrangement of sports fields and playgrounds for young people
- Projects that contribute to volunteer engagement in the area of environmental preservation and improvement of the quality of life of young people in the area of the City of Mostar
- Support projects for the organization and implementation of recreational sports activities for young people (skateboarding, cycling, etc.), especially for the inclusion of women
- Support for projects and programs of active involvement of young people in volunteering in the local community (people with developmental disabilities, old and infirm persons, etc.)
- Support for projects for the development and promotion of music and artistic creativity of young people (music and art workshops, street art workshops, open-air concerts, street festivals, etc.)
- Support for campaigns to improve traffic safety
- The value of project proposals to be awarded under this call must be between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: 5,000.00 KM
- maximum amount: 20,000.00 KM
- The duration of the projects can be from four to eight months, in the period from December 2023 to August 2024.
- Projects must be implemented exclusively in the area of the City of Mostar and for young people living in the area of the City of Mostar.
- Participation in this public call is open, on equal grounds, to all formally registered civil society organizations (CSOs) (association/association or foundation) in accordance with the applicable legal regulations in Bosnia and Herzegovina. who have experience in implementing projects for young people and who operate in the area of the City of Mostar.
- This public call is not open to branches of foreign and international associations, foundations and other non-profit organizations registered and operating in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Applicants will be excluded from participation in the call or from the awarding of grants if, at the time of the call for submission of project proposals, they are:
- subjects of conflict of interest;
- guilty of providing false information to the authorized party for contracts, which is required as a prerequisite for participating in the call for project proposals or if they have not provided the necessary information;
- tried to obtain confidential information, influenced the evaluation committee or the authorized party for contracts during the evaluation process of the call for submission of project proposals.
For more information, visit UNDP.