The Hilden Charitable Fund is inviting applications for its Overseas Funding Programme.
The Foundation do not fund individuals, only charitable organisations. The preference is to fund organisations based in the country where the work is to be delivered and, as such, you should be registered as an NGO in that country.
You can apply for any amount up to a maximum of £5,000 per year and for up to two years.
What they Fund?
Your project must meet at least one of their priorities, which are:
- Projects which support access to education for women and girls (please note – they will not fund individual bursaries or scholarships)
- Projects which enable rural and/or displaced communities to become more self-sufficient
If you are an “in-country” organisation you must be:
- Registered with one of the following:
- Have an annual income (as shown in your most recent accounts) of no more than £250,000 (approximately $275,000)
- Have been operating for at least one full year and be able to provide accounts for at least one full year
- Have at least three trustees/board members. Trustees should not be related to each other or to any employees of the organisation
- Be able to provide the name and contact details of a previous or current funder who they can contact for a reference
If you are a UK-registered organisation but with a significant presence in-country you must be one of the following:
- Registered Charity
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- Community Interest Company (CIC) (NB must be limited by guarantee, not by shares)
- Charitable Company (NB you must be registered both as a charity and a company)
- Excepted Charity
For more information, visit Hilden Charitable Fund.