The Building Economic IncLUsion via the BlUe Economy (BELUU) program invites civil society organizations, private sector entities, advocacy groups, financial services and technology providers actively present in Tuvalu, Nauru, Marshall Islands and Palau to apply for the BELUU Innovation Grant.
- The objective of the Innovation Grant is as follows:
- Contribute to the building of an enabling environment for WEE by fostering competition, and enhancing the capacity of country-level stakeholders from civil society and the private sector to offer gender-transformative access to services that improve the growth and resilience of women’s businesses in blue and green economic sectors.
- Support women to succeed in their local economy by facilitating their access to necessary skills, mentorship, resilience planning for business and other external shocks, access to resources like financial services, market entry points and networks, by partnering equitably with women entrepreneurs and the civil society, private sector, and public organizations that are active participants in the market ecosystem.
- Increase underserved women entrepreneurs’ access to financial products and services for business growth, through the development of financial products and services that enable them to start new businesses, expand their existing businesses, or effectively sustain their existing businesses through crises and shocks
- Category 1: Small to Medium 10,000 to 15,000 USD
- Category 2: Large 40,000 to 55,000 USD
- Any locally active or registered CSO, PSE, and business entrepreneurs in Tuvalu, Nauru, Marshall Islands, and Palau providing projects, advocacy work, and services to women and youth. These include:
- Entrepreneurs (Could be individuals or Groups)
- Development non-profit organizations
- People’s Organizations
- Farmers’ Associations
- Microfinance Institutions
- Financial service providers (FSPs)
- Technology service providers
- Social Welfare Organizations
- Civic Clubs or Professional Organizations
- Civil Society Organizations
- Academic institutions (ex. Colleges, Universities)
- Established Traditional Organizations
For more information, visit https://grameenfoundation.org/building-economic-inclusion-via-the-blue-economy-beluu