Deadline: 15 November 2021
Are you a passionate citizen, aged 18 to 35, that believes your actions can support your local community and that every small positive action can make the world a better place? If yes, then you are welcome to apply for UPG Sustainability Leadership Program.
In spring 2022 UPG commits to train and certify a minimum of 500 additional young leaders from all over the world by spring 2022. And to offer 60 of them an immersive 1-week experience on an island in the USA: the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership.
UPG believes that sustainability includes both the usual “green” issues such as planting trees, recycling waste, managing energy, protecting the oceans and other issues that have been central to the societies for a long time such as: education, health, jobs, gender equality, sustainable consumption, sustainable production and more. For those who are familiar with it, UPG uses the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide.
The flagship activity is the #UPGSustainability Leadership training program for 500+ young adults from across the globe every year. There are also activities for schools and institutions as well as for companies.
UPG certified 500+ new UPG Sustainability Leaders from over 100 countries and will provide for 60 of them a FREE, complementary and immersive 1-week experience on an island in the USA: the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership. UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for young people thanks to the wonderful support of their Partners who believe in positive citizen leadership on sustainability.
All the certified UPG Sustainability Leaders have committed to two objectives within the communities that they inhabit:
- Lead personal projects of their own choice that support at least one of the SDGs”
- Deliver training sessions to their local community
Your age is minimum 18 years or maximum 35 years by 1 October 2022. This ensures that all participants are within this age group for the duration of the training and experiences that are planned.
- people who are passionate in a specific area (e.g. jobs or education or oceans), there is no need to be passionate in all areas.
- people who have already taken action related to sustainability AND people who have NEVER taken action
- people from all world regions
- people aged 18 to 35 on 1 October 2022
- people of different levels of education
- people who have a strong motivation to be UPG Sustainability Leaders
- people who are willing and able to take action on sustainability
- people who believe in UPG’s mission to empower people to make the world a better place through positive action.
- UPG is looking for young determined people from all different paths of life and regions of the world. From well-experienced professionals to freshly graduated students. The selection process considers four factors:
- Your Profile – this helps them to strive for diversity
- Your Motivation – they select the most motivated
- Your Capabilities and
- The Potential for Impact