Deadline: 5 January 2020
Applicants are invited to apply for 2020 Dalai Lama Fellows Program that offers emerging leaders a rigorous, interdisciplinary program on ways to be a different kind of leader, a leader that connects and cares for self, extends genuine compassion to others, and works for their common humanity.
Fellows learn practices for increasing self-awareness, self-care and resilience, for connecting with others and working across differences, and in building solutions for generations to come.
Over the course of a year, with the support of mentors and coaches, each Fellow implements an original Field Project addressing a global challenge. Upon graduation, Fellows join a Life Long Community, where they connect with and support each other while continuing to advance their leadership journeys.
Dalai Lama Fellows cultivates and supports a global movement of next generation leaders integrating contemplative work with social innovation to solve global challenges in locally adapted ways that promote human flourishing.
Social change projects engage with one or more of these categories:
- Health and Well-being
- Social Justice
- Environmental Justice
- Cultural Understanding
- Integrity — They embrace and advance five core values as they conduct their work. They strive to be wholly honest and to have consistent alignment between their values and actions.
- Interdependence — They work in the interest of present and future generations because they are all connected and mutually dependent.
- Resilience — They challenges with optimism, ingenuity, flexibility and grace.
- Humbition — (Humility + Ambition) they live the questions rather than presume the answers, and ground social change with respect for others.
- Courage — They strength to take action for moral reasons, despite doubts, fears or risk of adverse consequences.
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, a candidate must demonstrate the following through the application:
- Be a next generation leader who is between 20-35 years old
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year
- Current engagement (or well-articulated plans) for a social change project in one’s local community and sustained engagement throughout the fellowship year
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community
- Commitment to participate in their online learning platform, coaching calls, etc.
- Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly in mid-June 2020 (Dalai Lama Fellows will cover all travel, lodging, and meals for the assembly)
How to Apply
- The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of six major parts:
- Applicant Background and Overview
- Essay Questions
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Application Video
- Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.dalailamafellows.org/dl-fellowship