Deadline: 11 September 2017
Do you have passion and commitment to development of Africa? Do you have outstanding academic and professional achievements? Are you committed to engage in crucial issues in Africa’s development? Do you wish to make a difference, be part of something bigger than yourself and explore your leadership potential? If yes, then apply for AfDB’s Young Professionals Program!
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. The Bank attracts highly qualified and motivated professionals from their member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development. Through the YPP, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
The Young Professionals Program offers applicants a platform to build an exceptional and fulfilling career in the Bank. This development program spans 36 months and is structured under the Young Professionals Learning Academy.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Light Up and Power Africa
- Feed Africa
- Integrate Africa
- Industrialize Africa
- Improve the lives of the people of Africa
YPP Support Mechanisms
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Mentoring & Sponsoring
- A “Buddy-System”
- YPP Coordination Team
- YP Liaison Team (YPLT)
- Be a citizen of a regional or non-regional AfDB member country
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 31st December, 2017
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials
- Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to high priority areas (Hi-5s).
- Demonstrable on-the-ground/hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries
- Have passion for Africa’s Development
- Demonstrate strengths in leadership including leading others
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others
- Effectively work in teams with adaptability to a diverse environment
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability
- Business Acumen and innovation mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable applicants work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and travel to undertake country assignments.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Regional Member Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Madagascar, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, São Tomé & Príncipe, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia Zimbabwe.
- Non-regional Member Countries: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, United Arab Emirates (ADF member only).
For more information, please visit Young Professionals Program.