Deadline: 30 April 2017
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) is seeking reporters aged between 18 and 30 years from Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries to cover its 2017 calendar of projects on the theme of Access to Education and Employment.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to apply the trade and gain exposure to the rich diversity of people, places and stories across Asia and Europe.
ASEFEdu’s current activities have a thematic focus on Access to Education and Youth Employment. Projects will explore this common theme from 8 perspectives:
The selected ASEFEdu Young Reporter(s) will cover up to 6 projects that span the two regions:
- 13th ASEF Classroom Network Conference, 2 days, June 2017, Switzerland
- 21st ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU21), 2 weeks, August 2017, Australia and New Zealand
- 6th ASEF Rectors’ Conference & Students’ Forum (ARC6), 5 days, October 2017, Singapore
- 8th Model ASEM, in conjunction the 13th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM FMM13), 7 days, November 2017, Myanmar
- 14th ASEF Classroom Network Conference, 5 days, November – December 2017, Helsinki, Finland
- 2nd ASEF Young Leaders’ Summit (ASEFYLS2), in conjunction with an ASEM Ministerial Meeting, 5 days, Quarter 3 or Quarter 4, 2017, Seoul, Korea
Applicants must be:
- Aspiring young reporters with demonstrable skills and desire
- Aged between 18-30 years
- A citizen of one of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries
- Able to demonstrate an excellent command of English (oral and written)
- This opportunity is for people who are not employed as full-time journalists.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit an online application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, Viet Nam
For more information, please visit ASEFEdu Young Reporter 2017.