Deadline: 5 July 2019
Young Social Pioneers program is now open for applications. It is the Foundation for Young Australians’ (FYA) cornerstone initiative backing young people leading action on the most pressing social and environmental challenges of our time.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The program is designed to back and support young people with the initiative, drive and ideas to lead change in their communities and across the planet.
An alumni of 300 Young Social Pioneers now count on one another for opportunities and support and regularly come together to collectively achieve impact.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
In 2019, they are supporting a new cohort of social innovators aged 18-29 through their Young Social Pioneers bootcamps.
Become a Young Social Pioneer by participating in one of their themed bootcamps.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
What happens on a bootcamp?
Bringing new Young Social Pioneers together with alumni, in 2019 FYA will deliver themed bootcamps that provide tailored support, capability development and community for young people leading social change projects and initiatives.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Joining 12 young participants, each bootcamp will be attended by senior business professionals, impact experts and facilitators who will offer tailored insight, support and guidance to participants over three days.
Each bootcamp will take place at a picturesque regional location somewhere in Australia and will be a chance for applicants to spend dedicated and intensive time developing their initiative with a talented team of experts and peers.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
All travel, accommodation, catering and activities are included for successful applicants.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Young Social Pioneer bootcamps will provide applicants with:
- Development of their initiative & skills: Tailored support on iterating ideas, taking initiatives to market and scaling, depending on their stage of development. There will be a particular focus on business strategy, fundraising, marketing and financial management.
- Collaboration opportunities: Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and partnerships between participants and the broader social innovation ecosystem.
- Communication: FYA helps them develop the ability to clearly and persuasively communicate their initiative.
- Any young person living in Australia, aged 18-29 years old (as at 5 July 2019) with an approach to addressing a social or environmental issue they care about may apply. They’re looking for a diverse pool of applicants from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Applicants might be a social entrepreneur, an advocate, a thought leader, an intrapreneur, a creative, a technologist, a producer or an academic — whatever applicant’s skill set or focus, they’d love to hear from them!
- Young people from all backgrounds, cultures, religions, locations and walks of life are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.fya.org.au/young-social-pioneers/
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.