Deadline: 5 July 2019
Young Social Pioneers program is now open for applications. It is the Foundation for Young Australians’ (FYA) cornerstone initiative backing young people leading action on the most pressing social and environmental challenges of our time.
The program is designed to back and support young people with the initiative, drive and ideas to lead change in their communities and across the planet.
An alumni of 300 Young Social Pioneers now count on one another for opportunities and support and regularly come together to collectively achieve impact.
In 2019, they are supporting a new cohort of social innovators aged 18-29 through their Young Social Pioneers bootcamps.
Become a Young Social Pioneer by participating in one of their themed bootcamps.
What happens on a bootcamp?
Bringing new Young Social Pioneers together with alumni, in 2019 FYA will deliver themed bootcamps that provide tailored support, capability development and community for young people leading social change projects and initiatives.
Joining 12 young participants, each bootcamp will be attended by senior business professionals, impact experts and facilitators who will offer tailored insight, support and guidance to participants over three days.
Each bootcamp will take place at a picturesque regional location somewhere in Australia and will be a chance for applicants to spend dedicated and intensive time developing their initiative with a talented team of experts and peers.
All travel, accommodation, catering and activities are included for successful applicants.
Young Social Pioneer bootcamps will provide applicants with:
- Development of their initiative & skills: Tailored support on iterating ideas, taking initiatives to market and scaling, depending on their stage of development. There will be a particular focus on business strategy, fundraising, marketing and financial management.
- Collaboration opportunities: Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and partnerships between participants and the broader social innovation ecosystem.
- Communication: FYA helps them develop the ability to clearly and persuasively communicate their initiative.
- Any young person living in Australia, aged 18-29 years old (as at 5 July 2019) with an approach to addressing a social or environmental issue they care about may apply. They’re looking for a diverse pool of applicants from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Applicants might be a social entrepreneur, an advocate, a thought leader, an intrapreneur, a creative, a technologist, a producer or an academic — whatever applicant’s skill set or focus, they’d love to hear from them!
- Young people from all backgrounds, cultures, religions, locations and walks of life are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.fya.org.au/young-social-pioneers/