Deadline: 23 November 2018
The U.S. Department of State has announced the launch of the 2019 Global Innovation through Science and Technology, Technology Idea (GIST Tech-I) competition.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
GIST Tech-I is a global pitching competition which seeks to identify and select, train, and encourage innovations by young scientists and great minds all over the world. As part of the GIST initiative, Tech-I works to empower young innovators to build businesses that address economic and development challenges.
Prizes and Benefits
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- All applicants:
- Opportunity to participate in webinars leading up to the application deadline. Example topics are communicating effectively, networking, and understanding applicant’s market.
- Global exposure. In previous years, semifinalists received upwards of 400,000 votes from all over the world and were featured by numerous local, national, and international media outlets. Several met or were mentioned by their heads of state.
- Marketing and networking support from the AAAS Team, including the provision of voting graphics, several webinars, and guidance on reaching out to media outlets.
- All-expenses-paid trip to Bahrain to pitch the idea or startup and network with entrepreneurs and investors at GEC 2019.
- Opportunity to attend several pre-GEC training webinars on topics such as pitching to investors, business models, and intellectual topic.
- Two days of intensive training and mentoring in Bahrain before the start of GEC.
- Opportunity to win seed capital and other prizes during final pitch contest. Prize amounts will be published closer to GEC.
- Three months of mentorship.
- Applicants must meet ALL of the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must be 18-40 years old.
- The applicant must be a citizen of at least one of the 132 GIST-eligible emerging economies.
- The applicant must not hold dual-citizenship or permanent resident status in a non-GIST economy. The applicant must not submit more than one application per GIST Tech-I competition year.
- The applicant must not be a previous GIST Tech-I finalist who traveled to and competed in the GIST Tech-I Finals.
- In addition to meeting the applicant requirements above, applications must to be for Ideas or Startups that meet ALL of the following requirements:
- The application must be the original work of the Idea or Startup applicant.
- The Idea or Startup must be developing an innovative science or technology solution with market potential in a GIST-eligible economy.
- The Idea or Startup must be for-profit. Applications from non-profit ventures or NGOs are not eligible and will not be reviewed.
- The Startup must be less than three years old.
- The Idea or Startup must be, at least in part, based in a GIST-eligible economy. The Idea or Startup must be developing or selling products and services that use its own innovations in science and technology. Applications from organizations that buy and resell technologies will not be reviewed.
- The Idea or Startup must not submit more than one application per GIST Tech-I competition year.
How to Apply
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit GIST Tech-I Competition.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.