Deadline: 12 August 2019
The Eastern Europe Studies Centre continues the initiative and announced a call for applications for the 2nd Vilnius Young Leaders Meeting (VYLM). This program is to be held on October 17-19, 2019 in Vilnius, Lithuania.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The meeting is organized by the Eastern Europe Studies Centre (EESC) in cooperation with DELFI, the main Lithuanian news portal, and with the support of the National Endowment for Democracy, the Swedish Institute, and the Embassy of Sweden in Vilnius.
The VYLM focuses on addressing threats posed by disinformation, fake news, propaganda, controlled access to information and discussion venues, and aims to increase societal resilience of targeted communities. To tackle these problems, VYLM uses an approach of sharing expertise and lessons learned by those active in the field.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
It is also creating a network of like-minded people who are able to work together and construct new innovative approaches. For this purpose young practitioners from different areas, including but not limited to journalists, bloggers, artists, civic activists, scholars and public servants.
Due to high competences of previous VYLM participants, the 2nd VYLM is paying more attention to featuring work and ideas of the participants and to devoting more time to their team-work.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The end goal is to facilitate not only participant’s greater understanding about how propaganda, fake news and disinformation works in countries of their fellow-participants, but to also take over successful approaches, to develop professional partnerships and to act together in creating more open, safe and transparent informational environment and resilience within societies.
What does the VYLM offer?
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
In addition to the opportunity to meet and learn from leading figures in journalism, communication, foreign affairs, and security – as well as from one another – participants will be provided with:
- Accommodation from October 16 to October 20 (4 nights on a double-occupancy basis)
- Round-trip transportation
- Visa support, if required
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Motivated young professionals from Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine whose professional activities and personal goals are related to improving media, scholar and the analytical environment in their respective countries and the broader region.
- Candidates should ideally:
- Be between 24-35 years old.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the fields of journalism, communication, political science, or civil society/NGOs.
- English language skills allowing to take an active part in discussions (simultaneous English-Russian interpretation is planned, but may not always be available).
- Even if applicants do not meet all of the above-mentioned criteria, their application is still welcome. Participants will be selected not only based on their competence, but huge attention will be paid to participant motivation and ability to contribute to the general aim of the Meeting. Innovative approaches and ideas are encouraged!
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via email address given on the website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2Gb1tQ5