Deadline: 17 August 2016
The objective of the grant program is to support innovative, small-scale, cutting-edge projects developed and implemented by and/or for young people between the ages of 15-25 in the areas of educational development, environmental issues, community development, civil society building, human rights, youth enrichment activities, and employment skills development.
- The grants for this call for proposal range between $1,000 to $9,990.
- Grant projects generally must be completed in one year or less.
- Educational development
- Environmental issues
- Community development
- Civil society building
- Human rights
- Youth enrichment activities
- Employment skills development
- The competition is open to Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) registered in Sri Lanka.
- Registered Non-Governmental Organizations
- Registered Non-Governmental Youth Organization
- Registered as NGO and also separately as Limited Liability Company
- PAS is soliciting grant proposals from not-for-profit, NGOs that address one or more of the grant priority areas specified above.
- The organization should have at least two years of programming experience.
- The Public Affairs Section does not support development or humanitarian aid projects, e.g. agricultural projects, construction projects, maternal health, or engineering studies.
- PAS encourages applicants to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of their project, such as the use of highly skilled volunteers.
- Applications should explain clearly other sources of funding and how the volunteers will be used. Cost-sharing will weigh in favor of applicants for these grants.
- All documents are in English
- All budgets are in U.S. dollars
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their application materials at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Sri Lanka
For more information, please visit grants.gov.