Deadline: 15 September 2016
The Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP) has announced a call for proposals for projects on “Policy Analysis on Growth and Employment” (PAGE) in developing countries with an aim to support high quality research, capacity development, and policy engagement for growth and employment in developing countries.
- Youth employment: supply- and demand-side constraints and related policy options
- Gender and women’s economic empowerment
- Entrepreneurship and financial inclusion
- Productive employment in rural farm and non-farm sectors – increasing labour productivity and reducing factor market imperfections
- Sectoral composition and patterns of economic growth – implications for job-creation, employment and poverty reduction
- PAGE II funding is up to $58.5 K, including $22 K in a research (cash) grant and up to $36.5 K.
- Additional financing (US$25 K) will be allocated for projects.
- All members of applicant teams must be developing country nationals (and reside in a developing country during the full course of the project), with priority given to teams from low-income countries, fragile and/or conflict states (mentioned below).
- Teams are generally composed of at least one senior researcher leading a gender-balanced group of junior researchers (ideally less than 30 years of age). PAGE II positively encourages teams with a female researcher as project leader.
- University-level training in economics or equivalent experience will generally be required.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via the PEP intranet system through the given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Burundi, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR, Côte d’Ivoire, Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iraq, Kiribati, Kosovo, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, FS, Myanmar, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Yemen, West Bank & Gaza, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit PEP Call for Proposals.