Deadline: 6 February 2018
Are you a leader with a vision? Do you want to make a change? Young Connectors of the Future (YCF) is a leadership programme for people who want to work for positive change in society – and in themselves. If you are open-minded and want a real learning challenge, apply for a seat among the YCF!
YCF aims to support young leaders in South Asia by giving them the tools and methods they need in their work for an equal and sustainable society. All participants are experts in their field, and learning will take place between participants and through external experts. YCF is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The programme is an intense training based on real experiences and collaborative learning. The contents of the programme will vary from year to year as it is the particular expertise and experience of the participants that will largely determine the topics dealt with. The following broader issues will however always be central: value-based leadership and group development; democracy and human rights for a more equal and sustainable society; networks and the digital world. Participants will learn by participating in interactive sessions with facilitators, exchanging experiences, doing practical exercises and finding common solutions to global and/or common challenges.
YCF will give applicants:
- New tools, methods and perspectives that is needed when working for an equal and sustainable society.
- Greater understanding of the environment and issues on a local, regional and global level
- Personal insights and self-awareness as a leader, a change-maker and a person
- Meet and get to exchange ideas with other experts, inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- Hands-on training with digital tools, tactics and security
- A strong and active alumni network that support each other in driving important changes in society
Applicants can apply to YCF if applicants:
- Have a leading position in their work for social change (for example in their work as a civil servant, a youth politician, a legal worker, a journalist, a social worker, a social entrepreneur or a cultural worker).
- Work in a collaborative setting, where applicants have a leadership role (formal or informal)
- Are working actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1985 – 1996)
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Are a citizen of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka
- Can take part in all parts of the programme
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge applicant gain from the programme.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
For more information, please visit Young Connectors of the Future.