Deadline: 6 February 2018
Are you a leader with a vision? Do you want to make a change? Young Connectors of the Future (YCF) is a leadership programme for people who want to work for positive change in society – and in themselves. If you are open-minded and want a real learning challenge, apply for a seat among the YCF!
YCF aims to support young leaders in South Asia by giving them the tools and methods they need in their work for an equal and sustainable society. All participants are experts in their field, and learning will take place between participants and through external experts. YCF is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The programme is an intense training based on real experiences and collaborative learning. The contents of the programme will vary from year to year as it is the particular expertise and experience of the participants that will largely determine the topics dealt with. The following broader issues will however always be central: value-based leadership and group development; democracy and human rights for a more equal and sustainable society; networks and the digital world. Participants will learn by participating in interactive sessions with facilitators, exchanging experiences, doing practical exercises and finding common solutions to global and/or common challenges.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
YCF will give applicants:
- New tools, methods and perspectives that is needed when working for an equal and sustainable society.
- Greater understanding of the environment and issues on a local, regional and global level
- Personal insights and self-awareness as a leader, a change-maker and a person
- Meet and get to exchange ideas with other experts, inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- Hands-on training with digital tools, tactics and security
- A strong and active alumni network that support each other in driving important changes in society
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants can apply to YCF if applicants:
- Have a leading position in their work for social change (for example in their work as a civil servant, a youth politician, a legal worker, a journalist, a social worker, a social entrepreneur or a cultural worker).
- Work in a collaborative setting, where applicants have a leadership role (formal or informal)
- Are working actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1985 – 1996)
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Are a citizen of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka
- Can take part in all parts of the programme
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge applicant gain from the programme.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Young Connectors of the Future.