Deadline: 31 August 2016
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is seeking applicants its Young Peacebuilders in West Africa Programme with an aim to support the growth of networks of young peacebuilders who are equipped with the tools to address stereotypes, prejudice and polarization in order to build more inclusive and peaceful societies in their communities and globally.
Participants will interact online through a series of facilitated modules and in-person during a one-week workshop in Abuja, Nigeria in November.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
All selected youth participants will be provided:
- Round-trip travel (international or domestic flight, economy class) to Abuja, Nigeria;
- Accommodation in Abuja from November 20-26, in shared accommodation (double-rooms), with a participant from the same gender;
- Meals and coffee breaks during the official duration of the workshops in Abuja (November 20-26);
- Shuttles or reimbursement of transportation to/from the airport and hotel in Abuja.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
All requirements must be met in order to be considered eligible:
- Age: Be 18-25 years of age at the time of applying for the programme and for its total duration (October-December 2016). To be considered eligible, applicants must be born on or between January 1, 1991 and August 15, 1998. No exceptions will be made.
- Region: Be a citizen of one of the following West African countries and reside in West Africa(mentioned below).
- Organization: Be active (staff, volunteer, etc.) in a non-government and non-for-profit youth-led organization, network, initiative or movement (led by youth for the benefit of youth) and have the ability to consult with and reach a wider group of young people, audience or network, including at the grassroots and community level.
- Commitment: demonstrate commitment to diversity and pluralism, nonviolence, peaceful and inclusive societies. The organizations and networks represented should: Adhere to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the principles and values of the Charter of the United Nations; have internal democratic and transparent processes of leadership, decision-making and consultation; be independent, unaffiliated with any political party.
- Language: Command of English is sufficient to take part in the online phase and in-person workshop. The applicant understands English very well; possesses intermediate to fluent levels of English, which allow her/him to participate to the conversation and input.
- Prior experience: the applicant has never taken part in a programme of UNAOC (Summer School, Youth Solidarity Fund, Intercultural Innovation Award, Plural+, PeaceApp, Youth Event at the UNAOC Global Forum, Fellowship Program)
- Passport: In order to be accepted in this programme, selected applicants must hold an international passport valid until at least June 1, 2017. Failure to provide a copy in due time will result in cancellation of participation.
- The application is duly completed, submitted by the deadline and contains all supporting documentation, requested as part of the call. Half-complete applications or applications filled in other languages than English will not be reviewed and considered.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must apply online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Young Peacebuilders in West Africa.