Deadline: 23 March 2020
Applications are now open for the 2020 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers.
This annual award, which began in 2007, is organized and presented by the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC), the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan and supported by Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS).
The purpose is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions. Young researchers who show outstanding performance and research achievements that may lead to future innovation will be commended with the Japan Award.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Up to 3 researchers will be invited to Japan and awarded a testimonial by the Chairman of the AFFRC during the commendation ceremony. They will also receive a cash prize of US$5,000 each from JIRCAS (MOTAI-JIRCAS Award).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Should be researchers who have the nationality of developing countries and/or territories, and belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university.
- Should be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2020).
- Should be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment.
- Must be able to attend the commendation ceremony in Japan, 2020.
How to Apply
- Application forms and application guidelines are available on the given website.
- Applications must be submitted by the recommending research institute.
- Only one researcher can be recommended from each institute, including its branches.
For more information, visit https://www.affrc.maff.go.jp/kokusaikenkyu/japan_award_2001.htm
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.