Deadline: 18 October 2017
The Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovation (CDI) is seeking applications for its course on “Ecosystem approach to fisheries”. The course starts from 16 April 2018 until 27 April 2018.
The ecosystem approach to fisheries (EAF) is aimed at integrating the interests of all uses and users and pays special attention to the impact of fishing on other ecosystem elements and functions. The course will make familiar with EAF-theory and with the FAO toolbox developed for the preparation and implementation of an EAF management plan. It will also provide analytical tools to make more sense of socio- economic and fisheries data.
Upon completion of the course applicants will:
- have a better understanding of the ecosystem approach to fisheries (EAF);
- know the steps that lead to application of EAF in their own situation;
- know how to analyse fisheries catch and effort data;
- be better equipped to evaluate the information that results from these data.
- Applicants should have an academic degree (BSc or equivalent) in a discipline relevant for fisheries management, and have at least three years of relevant working experience in fisheries management, research, higher education in fisheries related subjects, fisheries extension and training, development of coastal or lakeside communities or other fisheries related work fields.
- Proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applications can be accessed online through the website. Applicants must first have to create an account on the website and register themselves for the course.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cuba, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Georgia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Mongolia, Morocco, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syria , Thailand, Tunisia, Zimbabwe.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries.