Water, Air and Food Awards targets breakthrough low-tech, high impact, local innovations for clean water, clean air and nutritious food. WAFA acknowledges and promotes these low-cost solutions so they can be replicated and create significant global impact. Each one of us can help make this happen for everyone on Earth – their common home. To be or not to be sustainable, that is the question.
- Global: WAFA’s strives to become a global mainstream awards platform that enables exceptional sustainability entrepreneurs to scale and replicate their solutions worldwide, to benefit mankind now!
- Engaging: By engaging global public, business communities, universities, impact investors and philanthropists in giving exposure and support, they will create a sustainability movement.
- Attracting: By bringing their low-tech high impact solutions to the attention of the global public and professionals, the entrepreneurs will attract support.
- Awareness: In this way we will contribute to creating awareness of the change they need to make to restore people and planet, on the massive scale needed.
- To achieve this, they are building a solid platform through:
- An even more resilient international team of qualified professionals and volunteers;
- A global legal identity;
- A solid financial base from donations, grants, public & private partnerships.
- Through this platform they:
- Design new compelling Award categories aligned with UN Sustainable Development Goals, in particular No Poverty, Zero Hunger, Clean Water and Sanitization), Affordable and Clean Energy, Responsible Consumption and Production, Climate Action, Life on Land);
- Develop regional affiliates to identify local award candidates and partners;
- Develop partnerships with corporations, government agencies, research institutions, impact investors and philanthropists.
One winner is selected from each category: water, air, food. Identify your category.
- WAFA provides expert certification, global recognition of your project, and a cash prize.
- An eligible project will:
- provide significant climate benefits;
- produce measurable results for at least six months;
- empower community members;
- be a replicable model for other communities;
- be eligible for impact investment to scale beyond the original community.
Youth Climate Award Criteria:
- Climate Impact
- Economic Feasibility/Sustainability
- Future Plans and Duration
For more information, visit https://wafaward.org/youth-climate-nominate/