The project aims to provide sustainable employment opportunities for youth and women in agriculture and agrofood through two pillars approach:
- Introduction of new and best agricultural and agro-food practices
- Access to finance in order to support and revitalize the agriculture sector through small grants
- Youth aged between 18 and 35; while the focus is on young women and men aged 18 and 24, the range may extend to 30 and even up to 35.
- Women (at least 30% of beneficiaries for each output should be women)
- Respond to Socio-Economic vulnerability such as: Level of Income, type of income (permanent, seasonal, based on availability or daily worker), persons on charge (children/parents), household size, people with special needs, women headed household, if indebted and others.
- Is not benefiting from similar assistance
- Living in the targeted areas
- Committed to the project objectives and conditions
- Only one member in the family.
- In Ninewa Governorate such:
- Mosul Center (West Mosul) – Hawi Al Kanisah, Al Ghabat and Al Harajyah, and
- Outside Mosul – Baaj, Hamam Alalil and Hmidat.
- If any other area proposed, it require solid explanation.
- A vendor should not be suspended, debarred, or otherwise identified as ineligible by any UN Organization or the World Bank Group or any other international Organization. Vendors are therefore required to disclose to UNDP whether they are subject to any sanction or temporary suspension imposed by these organizations.
- It is the Bidder’s responsibility to ensure that its employees, joint venture members, sub-contractors, service providers, suppliers and/or their employees meet the eligibility requirements as established by UNDP.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=75281