The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFPs) for Fitfood Zone Design and Creation.
GAIN has been developing a new market-based approach to scale programmes aimed at improving diets. GAIN Kenya is the first country in which this approach will be deployed at scale. We have created a nutritious food brand called FitFoods (FF). The brand strategy is found in the annex. The first nutritious food category that will be promoted under the FF brand are vegetables.
The project conducted a consumer survey to understand the drivers of vegetable purchases. The study concluded that purchases are driven by 3 consumer expectations: freshness, proximity of vegetable seller, and safety. The desire to consume more vegetables was driven by taste and variety. Variety was constrained by price and seasonality. Taste was driven by familiarity and availability of specific vegetables. Taste preference is main barrier to consumption for some types of vegetables, like traditional leafy greens. While vegetables were generally regarded as positive, consumers discussed a tension between buying vegetables to fill a hungry stomach vs. vegetables as a source of enjoyment.
- The objective of the services are to:
- Propose and implement a sourcing strategy for the FFZ that addresses safety, including traceability, freshness and variety. The expectation is to identify specific models (e.g., contract farming or digital platforms, etc) and key partners or businesses that could help the FF brand deliver its promise.
- Propose an operations strategy to manage at least 1000 FFZ using a local sales force.
- Manage on-boarding of a sales force for 9 months, ensuring that they are adequately trained and knowledgeable on the FFZ objectives.
- It is expected that agency will work in close collaboration with GAIN for at least 12 months, from design to implementation. GAIN’s demand creation team will develop the FFZ promotional strategy and the Service Provider is expected to provide input to that strategy. One year renewable contract will be offered based on availability of funds and performance.
- Broad Audience: Parents in Kenya.
- Bulls-eye: Parents (inclusive of 2-parent households and single parents) with children aged 3-12. Low income group, LSM3-7, earning 15,000 – 45,000 KSH per month.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Selection Team. The following indicate a list of the significant criteria against which proposals will be assessed. This list is not exhaustive or 100% inclusive and is provided to enhance the applicants’ ability to respond with substance.
- Applicants are required to submit the following information, conforming to the guidelines given in this section:
- Understanding of the scope of work:
- Proposal shall demonstrate a clear understanding of the project objective and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the technical requirements of this RFP:
- Providing detailed technical documentation of the proposed strategy.
- Evidence of experience delivering solutions using the proposed strategy.
- The creative and methodological approaches required to implement each of the parts of the scope of work.
- Comprehensiveness of work plan and reasonableness of proposed time frame:
- Proposal shall include a feasible work plan to ensure successful completion of deliverables.
- The work plan details how activities will be coordinated.
- Detailed budget and cost-effectiveness of proposed approach:
- Evidence of cost-effective approaches to undertaking the scope of work within the proposed budget.
- Proposal shall identify possible challenges and include creative approaches to addressing them.
- Management and personnel plan:
- The team members working on this project shall have the relevant qualifications and overall experience required to successfully implement the project.
- Roles and responsibilities of each team member shall be clearly defined. GAIN shall have one main contact person clearly identified in the proposal.
- A duly completed offer of services.
- Understanding of the scope of work:
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3LOXSI8