Applications are now open for the Arab Fund for Arts And Culture (AFAC) Music Grant Program to support production, performances, collaborations, album recordings and festivals.
- The program provides annual grants ranging from a few thousand U.S. dollars up to a maximum of 25,000 U.S. dollars for individuals and teams, and 35,000 for institutions and collectives.
Place and Duration
- AFAC will not provide support retroactively, i.e. to projects already completed. For projects that have already started, AFAC will cover the expenses that will occur only after the signature of the contract if the project is selected.
- Projects may be implemented anywhere as long as they are created by Arab artists or – as in the case of non-Arab institutions – relevant to the Arab region.
- The project’s time frame should not exceed 24 months.
- AFAC only covers project-related expenses (including artist fees up to 30% of the total grant amount). Neither running operating costs nor purchase of equipment can be covered by the grant.
- The percentage of allocation to artist fees and institutional running costs has been exceptionally raised in 2020 and 2021 to account for the challenges brought about by the spread of COVID-19.
- AFAC is open to receive project applications from Arab directors and producers living in the Arab region or in the diaspora. A non-Arab producer can apply for a grant provided that the film director is Arab. It is highly recommended that film projects applying to the production and post-production grants have producers attached to them. Project applications are accepted irrespective of age, years of experience, country of residence, ethnicity, gender or religion.
- A film producer is eligible to apply with a maximum of two projects per category per cycle provided the two projects are not attached to the same director. However, if a film producer has one open grant, s/he can apply with one project. If s/he has two open grants, s/he is not eligible to apply before closing one grant at least.
- AFAC will not consider applications submitted by:
- Members of the Board of Trustees, their business partners or family members.
- AFAC staff members, their business partners or family members.
- Members of the current year’s readers and jurors’ committees.
- Recipients of two consecutive grants unless two years had passed since the last grant (e.g. If a grantee had received two grants in 2017 and 2018, s/he can apply again in 2021).
- Applicants with a current open grant.
- Each applicant (individual or institution) is entitled to only one application in the same category.
- If an applicant has an application that is in process, s/he cannot submit another application in any category until the result of the current application in process is announced.
For more information, visit https://www.arabculturefund.org/Programs/15