Embracing Our Differences invites you to participate in creating a world where differences are embraced and individuality is celebrated. Become a part of this exciting change through your visual art or creative writing submission to the annual Embracing Our Differences juried competition.
Art is a powerful tool to evoke social change. Without uttering a single word, artists can enlighten, educate and affect change around the world.
Theme: Artists are asked to submit their interpretation of the theme “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.”
- $6,000 (US) will be presented in the form of three separate awards —
- $2,000 each for “Best-in-Show Adult;” “Best-in-Show Student;” and the “People’s Choice” award.
- Artists, photographers, professionals, amateurs, students — everyone can participate. National and international submissions are encouraged. There is no submission fee.
- Your submission must be an original concept and execution and is not a copy or reproduction of the work of another. Final selections for inclusion will be made by a five-judge panel of art professionals based on artistic excellence and originality in reflection of our theme “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.”
- Your art must be HORIZONTAL in orientation which means that it must be wider than it is tall – submissions that do not meet this requirement will be disqualified.
- Your digital file must be a high resolution image of no less than 300 dpi (the higher the better).
- Include a brief (200 word maximum) “Artist Statement” explaining your art, your creative process and/or what the theme means to you.
For more information, visit Call to Artists.