Deadline: 30 June 2019
The Spindle and Voice have joined forces for the second edition of the NOW-Us! Award that recognises inspiring inclusive initiatives from Africa and Asia that work to promote diversity and inclusion to trigger the self-empowerment of marginalised and excluded groups and communities.
The NOW-Us! Award focuses exclusively on initiatives that contribute positively to one or more the following groups or communities:
- People with disabilities
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- Age discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
- Indigenous groups and/or ethnic minorities
- The 10 shortlisted initiatives win a 5-day trip for 2 persons to the Netherlands to participate in the NOW-Us! Innovation bootcamp from 7-12 October (travel expenses and stay are covered by the NOW-Us! Award). Per team, they have a place in the NOW-Us! week for one of each gender.
- The 10 shortlisted initiatives win tickets to the Partos Innovation festival, where their projects are celebrated and they can connect with other like-minded organisations and make their voices heard in international development conversations on inclusion. Nothing about us, without us! in action.
- The numbers 1, 2 and 3 win a Voice grant (worth € 25.000, € 15.000, and € 10.000, respectively) to take home the lessons learned of the NOW-Us! week and implement the proposed initiative.
They only accept applications from initiatives that are based in, and operating for an impact in, an Asian or African country that falls in the range of least developed, lower- or lower middle-income countries.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit https://thespindle.org/nowus2019/