Deadline: 31 May 2019
Applicants are invited to submit entries for 2019 RELX Environmental Challenge.
Each year the RELX Environmental Challenge is awarded to projects that best demonstrate how they can provide sustainable access to safe water or sanitation.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
There is a $50,000 prize for the first place entry and a $25,000 prize for the second place entry. The winners also receive free access for one year to ScienceDirect, our Scientific, Technical & Medical business’ database of full text, scientific information, including almost 250,000 articles since 2000 in Environmental Sciences.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The RELX Environmental Challenge is open to individuals or organisations operating in the not-for-profit and for-profit sectors. Projects must advance sustainable access to safe water where it is presently at risk and/or access to improved sanitation, and include the following criteria:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Be replicable, scalable and sustainable and set a benchmark for innovation
- Have practical applicability
- Address non-discrimination/equity of access
- Involve and impact a range of stakeholders
- Have local/community-level engagement
These are the criteria against which projects will be assessed. Early stage projects are preferred.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The Challenge is open only to applicants 21 years of age or over at their time of entry. Proof of residency and age may be required.
- Applicants may participate as (i) individuals, (ii) teams of individuals, or (iii) individually or in teams on behalf of an organisation, i.e. an educational or not-for-profit institution or a corporation (the latter category, collectively “Organisations”). Submission of an application with a proposal (the “Application”) on behalf of a group of individuals or an Organisation shall constitute a representation by the individual submitting the Application that he/she is authorised to represent the team to submit the Application and distribute any prize money.
- Directors, officers and employees (and their immediate families and household members) of RELX Group plc (the “Sponsor”) and its affiliates (collectively, with Sponsor, “RELX”) and their respective advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter the Challenge.
- The Challenge is subject to applicable laws of an applicant’s jurisdiction. The Sponsor is not responsible for any other eligibility prohibitions, including, without limitation, any established by applicant’s employer; applicants are encouraged to seek information on any such restrictions prior to submission of an Application. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CHALLENGE.
- Applications will be assessed against the Challenge criteria, which are as follows: They must advance access to safe and sustainable water supply where it is presently at risk and/or access to improved sanitation. They must set a benchmark for innovation and demonstrate:
- Replicability, scalability and sustainability
- Practical applicability
- Non-discrimination/equity of access
- Involvement of, and impacts on, a range of stakeholders
- Local/community-level engagement
- Applications will be reviewed against the Challenge criteria by the Challenge advisory group comprised of external water and sustainability specialists and/ or relevant internal colleagues. The advisory group will reduce the Applications to a shortlist of semi-finalists which will then be reviewed by an expert panel of external and internal judges.
The shortlist will be announced in or after June 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be given the opportunity to further develop their proposals and make presentations to the panel of judges. Winners will be announced by September 2019.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
How to Apply
To enter the Challenge, access the application form and submit an Application via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.relx.com/corporate-responsibility/engaging-others/relx-group-environmental-challenge#about-the-challenge