Deadline: 15 July 2019
Free Press Unlimited is pleased to announce its fifth edition of the Free Press Awards 2019 with an aim to celebrate the work of the best journalists and media professionals.
Free Press Unlimited wants people to have access to reliable information they need to develop and prosper. They support journalists worldwide to make stories be told.
The Free Press Awards will be conferred at Free Press Live in November 2019 and will recognise exceptional work in the categories Newcomer of the Year and Most Resilient Journalist.
These awards will recognise those journalists who have a strong commitment with press freedom and independent information. Nominations for the awards will be judged by an independent panel of international experts.
- Newcomer of the Year – Hans Verploeg Award: The category Newcomer of the Year in Journalism recognises talented new journalists who have put in a strong performance when it comes to reporting the news. The nominees all demonstrate exceptional commitment to press freedom and independent coverage and use innovative methods to disseminate this information.
- Most Resilient Journalist Award: The Free Press Award in the category Most Resilient Journalist is presented to a journalist who has demonstrated extraordinary strength of character, courage and perseverance in reporting the news.
- The winner in the category ‘Newcomer of the Year’ will receive a media scholarship by choice.
- The winner in the category ‘Most Resilient Journalist’ will receive a cash prize of €15,000.
Winners in both categories receive an expenses-paid visit to the awards ceremony in November in The Hague, where the prices will be conferred in person.
- Anyone in the broader field of journalism could be nominated – from professional reporters, editors, photojournalists, technologists and media professionals to citizen journalists, cartoonists or bloggers. People working in print, broadcast or online media, in any country around the world.
- There are no geographical limitations on eligibility for the prize – entries from any country or region will be considered.
How to Apply
Nominations must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.freepressunlimited.org/en/free-press-awards