Deadline: 20 August 2019
The Wellcome Trust is seeking applications for its Collaborative Awards in Science 2019 to promote the development of new ideas and speed the pace of discovery.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Wellcome Trust Fund’s team of researchers, consisting of independent research groups, to work together on the most important scientific problems that can only be solved through collaborative efforts.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The support includes:
- Research expenses directly related to their proposal
- Materials and consumables
- Access charges
- Research management and support costs
- Travel and subsistence
- Overseas allowances
- Fieldwork expenses
- Inflation allowance
- Open access charges
- Clinical research costs
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
A Collaborative Award can be up to £4 million and last for up to five years.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Applicants can apply for a Collaborative Award if they are part of a team of researchers who want to work together on an important scientific problem that requires a collaborative approach.
- Each applicant in their team must:
- Be essential to the proposed collaborative research
- Bring different expertise to the research question
- Have proven research experience in their field and in collaborative research
- Be leading their own research groups
- The lead applicant must be based in the UK, Republic of Ireland, or a low- or middle-income country. Other applicants can be based in the same or different countries anywhere in the world.
- Each applicant should have a permanent, open-ended or long-term rolling contract, or the guarantee of one. Applicants salary must be paid by their host organisation.
- Team size will depend on the proposed research, but it has to be more than two people, and usually no more than seven.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/schemes/collaborative-awards-science