Deadline: 20 August 2019
The Wellcome Trust is seeking applications for its Collaborative Awards in Science 2019 to promote the development of new ideas and speed the pace of discovery.
The Wellcome Trust Fund’s team of researchers, consisting of independent research groups, to work together on the most important scientific problems that can only be solved through collaborative efforts.
The support includes:
- Research expenses directly related to their proposal
- Materials and consumables
- Access charges
- Research management and support costs
- Travel and subsistence
- Overseas allowances
- Fieldwork expenses
- Inflation allowance
- Open access charges
- Clinical research costs
A Collaborative Award can be up to £4 million and last for up to five years.
- Applicants can apply for a Collaborative Award if they are part of a team of researchers who want to work together on an important scientific problem that requires a collaborative approach.
- Each applicant in their team must:
- Be essential to the proposed collaborative research
- Bring different expertise to the research question
- Have proven research experience in their field and in collaborative research
- Be leading their own research groups
- The lead applicant must be based in the UK, Republic of Ireland, or a low- or middle-income country. Other applicants can be based in the same or different countries anywhere in the world.
- Each applicant should have a permanent, open-ended or long-term rolling contract, or the guarantee of one. Applicants salary must be paid by their host organisation.
- Team size will depend on the proposed research, but it has to be more than two people, and usually no more than seven.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/schemes/collaborative-awards-science