Deadline: 26 September 2019
The Geneva Center for Security Policy (GCSP) and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme are now accepting applications for the 2019 GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It seeks to reward the most inspiring, innovative and ground-breaking contribution of the year, whether this comes in the form of an initiative, invention, research publication, or organization. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, and original research or grassroots initiatives.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The prize consists of a cash award of CHF 10’000. The prize will be awarded to the winner at a Ceremony in Geneva. In addition to the Prize, all travel to and attendance at the Ceremony will be paid by the GCSP.
- The winner will be announced in November 2019.
- The prize is awarded for a project by any individual, or group of individuals, or organization (from private or public sectors), which contributes to global security, and has been submitted for consideration according to these rules and regulations. No more than one application per applicant is allowed.
- Applications may come from any country, but the project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking, and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroot initiatives.
- The prize is intended to encourage and recognize excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security.
- The prize is awarded by the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP), as part of its Programme for Geopolitics and Global Futures, under the Creativity and Innovation Initiative.
- Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members are not eligible participants.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize and shall include:
- a project abstract of 250 words maximum;
- a well-developed project description which should not exceed 1,000 words in length. The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field;
- up to five image files (optional).
- Applications must be in English.
For more information, please visit https://www.gcsp.ch/global-insight/apply-2019-gcsp-prize-innovation-global-security