Deadline: 31 March 2019
Are you under 35? Are you actively involved in sustainable development in an international development cooperation country? If so, then apply for “Together we’re better” – The Swiss Youth and Future prize 2019.
SDC and SECO are looking for innovative projects, initiatives and ideas for projects run by young Swiss people that can help advance sustainable development and fight poverty in developing and transition countries.
Project based Prizes
The five best projects will be awarded prizes on the basis of the following criteria:
- Think globally, act locally: CHF 10,000
- Project based on global thinking while having an impact at the local level that promotes existing structures in our project countries.
- Start-up or project idea: CHF 8,000
- An active start-up has emerged from their project
- Youth project: CHF 6,000
- Applicants are not yet 20 and have an innovative project? This is a prize for younger participants.
- Community prize: CHF 4,000
- Applicants project has won the hearts of the community if it wins the online vote.
- Surprise prize: Amount dependent on the project
- Applicants project does not fit into any of the above categories, but is so fascinating that it nevertheless merits our support! Or their project is not yet complete but their idea is so interesting that it must be followed up in any case.
- Anyone under 35 who holds a Swiss passport or who resides in Switzerland is eligible to take part.
- All participants will present their project at the Annual Swiss Development Cooperation Conference on 21
June 2019 in Fribourg.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Switzerland
For further information please visit https://www.eda.admin.ch/togetherwerebetter-en