Deadline: 31 July 2020
The ‘British International Education Association (BIEA) University STEM Challenge 2020’ will help young inventors and designers get started on their entrepreneurial career.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
BIEA is looking for ambitious, creative, curiosity-driven people with a passion for solving problems and making a difference who are role models of entrepreneurship for future generations.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
BIEA knows that the world has a plastic problem. Our oceans and lands have become polluted with our carelessly discarded plastic waste that will take 1000s of years to decompose on land, whilst the plastic in the oceans break up into toxins. Our plastic waste is now causing chemical pollution in our seas.
Can you or your team come up with ideas and solutions that can help reducing the plastic waste and STEM the Tide of Plastic Pollution?
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The proposed technology/service can be an innovation or invention in engineering and/or technology. Engineering is defined broadly, including, but not limited to software, design, energy, cleantech, materials and medical devices.
You should have identified a viable and commercial business proposition with a market opportunity.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
You must submit the following as your competition entry:
- An executive summary report of your innovation/business idea, no more than 500 words.
- A pitch deck presentation of your idea/research project (maximum 30 slides).
- A short video of your presentation of your project, no more than 10 minutes.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- There will be one grand prize winner or winning team.
- A cash prize of £1000 (GBP).
- The opportunity to take part in iSTEM ambassador training course and become a certified BIEA iSTEM ambassador with support/guidance from leading UK STEM experts from Royal Institution, British Council, Engineering UK etc.
- You can enter individually or as a team of up to 5.
- The age of your team/ you must be aged between 18-21 years old.
- You must be studying for a degree (or equivalent) qualification.
- Entry into the Competition is free.
- The winner will be announced on 15 August 2020.
For more information, visit https://bieacompetition.org.uk/university-challenge-stem-2020/
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.