Deadline: 31 July 2019
The Technology Academy Finland (TAF) is currently seeking nominations for its Millennium Technology Prize 2019.
The Prize is Finland’s tribute to innovations for a better life. The Millennium Technology Prize highlights the extensive impact of science and innovations on the well-being of society. The Prize is one million euros, and it is awarded every two years by Technology Academy Finland (TAF).
The Millennium Technology Prize, first awarded in 2004, was established jointly by the State of Finland and various academic institutions and high-tech industries. The Patron of the Prize is the President of the Republic of Finland.
The Millennium Technology Prize is awarded for groundbreaking technological innovations that benefit millions of people around the world by:
- enhancing quality of life
- promoting sustainable development and mitigation of climate change
- generating applications with global commercial viability
- creating new socio-economic value
- stimulating further cutting-edge research and development in science and technology
Nominations from around the world are invited, from all fields of technology, excluding military technology. Special emphasis is placed on proposals related to:
- energy and the environment
- life sciences, including health and food
- information and communications technology and smart systems
- new materials, processes and manufacturing
- Nominations are invited from organizations such as universities, research institutes, academies of science and technology, companies and industries.
- The Millennium Technology Prize can be awarded to an individual or to a team of any nationality. All individuals who deserve the Millennium Technology Prize for the proposed innovation must be named in the nomination. The Prize is intended for innovators in the active stage of their careers.
- The nominator must contact the nominee(s) in advance to request permission for the nomination. Self-nominations are not accepted. All nomination materials are to be provided in English.
How to Apply
Nominations must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2VmLQdT