Deadline: 31 July 2019
The Technology Academy Finland (TAF) is currently seeking nominations for its Millennium Technology Prize 2019.
The Prize is Finland’s tribute to innovations for a better life. The Millennium Technology Prize highlights the extensive impact of science and innovations on the well-being of society. The Prize is one million euros, and it is awarded every two years by Technology Academy Finland (TAF).
The Millennium Technology Prize, first awarded in 2004, was established jointly by the State of Finland and various academic institutions and high-tech industries. The Patron of the Prize is the President of the Republic of Finland.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Millennium Technology Prize is awarded for groundbreaking technological innovations that benefit millions of people around the world by:
- enhancing quality of life
- promoting sustainable development and mitigation of climate change
- generating applications with global commercial viability
- creating new socio-economic value
- stimulating further cutting-edge research and development in science and technology
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Nominations from around the world are invited, from all fields of technology, excluding military technology. Special emphasis is placed on proposals related to:
- energy and the environment
- life sciences, including health and food
- information and communications technology and smart systems
- new materials, processes and manufacturing
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Nominations are invited from organizations such as universities, research institutes, academies of science and technology, companies and industries.
- The Millennium Technology Prize can be awarded to an individual or to a team of any nationality. All individuals who deserve the Millennium Technology Prize for the proposed innovation must be named in the nomination. The Prize is intended for innovators in the active stage of their careers.
- The nominator must contact the nominee(s) in advance to request permission for the nomination. Self-nominations are not accepted. All nomination materials are to be provided in English.
How to Apply
Nominations must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2VmLQdT