Deadline: 1 August 2019
Entries are now open for the Barry & Marie Lipman Family Prize at the University of Pennsylvania that is an annual global prize that celebrates leadership and innovation in the social sector with an emphasis on impact and transferability of practices.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
They are committed to resourcing and connecting change-makers to bring innovative ideas to new places and problems around the world.
The Beacon Awards will constitute a special awarding in 2020. The hope of this new and unique award structure is to incentivize Lipman Prize honorees to share innovative ideas and connect with others leading cutting-edge change.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- A $250,000 unrestricted cash award for the winning organization and $100,000 for each of the two other honorees.
- An ongoing partnership with the University dedicated to knowledge sharing and support of the organization. This includes promotion of their work and accomplishments in the Lipman Prize network of organizations, Penn faculty and alumni, and social impact funders.
- Access to tuition-free executive education programs at Wharton Executive Education and the Center for Social Impact Strategy, valued at approximately $15,000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- They encourage organizations from around the globe to apply.
- They look for organizations that have a proven effective service model and capacity for growth.
- This Prize brings its work to a larger audience, attracts new potential donors, and provides resources that will help scale the work or improve organizational sustainability.
- The Lipman Family Prize is targeted toward organizations addressing social and economic issues that are usually addressed by the Nonprofit/NGO/Civil Society sector. As a result, the majority of organizations that apply are considered “nonprofit” organizations. They expect that applicant organizations meet the following criteria in order to apply for the Prize:
- Registered as a nonprofit in the United States or hold an equivalent incorporation status in their home country.
- In operation for three years or more.
- Annual operating budget of $500,000 USD or more.
- No funding is directed towards individuals, direct lobbying expenses to influence legislation or elections, programs with religious content, or programs that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Organizations may apply for the work of the entire organization, or for that of a specific program. If submitting a program application, the program must meet the same basic criteria as an organizational applicant:
- The program is part of an organization that is registered as a nonprofit in the United States or holds an equivalent incorporation status in their home country.
- The program has been in operation for three years or more.
- Annual program operating budget of $500,000 USD or more.
- No program funding is directed towards individuals, direct lobbying expenses to influence legislation or elections, programs with religious content, or programs that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age or disability.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://lipmanfamilyprize.wharton.upenn.edu/apply/