Deadline: 1 June 2020
Informatics Europe has proudly announced its 2020 Best Practices in Education Award devoted to educational initiatives that promote lifelong education in Informatics as a mean to reduce the talent gap.
The Informatics Europe Best Practices in Education Award recognises outstanding European educational initiatives that improve the quality of Informatics teaching and the attractiveness of the discipline, and can be applied and extended beyond their institutions of origin.
The Award will reward a successful teaching effort in Europe that:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- has made a measurable difference in Informatics education;
- is widely applicable and useful for the teaching community;
- has made a measurable impact in its original institution(s) and beyond.
Examples of impact include course results, traditional and online courses, learners’ projects, textbooks, professional development, and influence on the curriculum of other institutions/countries.
The 2020 Education Award Theme is Lifelong Education and Talent Gap in Informatics. The winner will be an outstanding European Informatics educational initiative that promotes lifelong education in Informatics as a mean to reduce the talent gap. Experiences in this area, as well as new educational approaches with some evidence of their effectiveness, are welcomed.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Award will be presented at the 16th European Computer Science Summit, in Sofia, 26-28 October 2020, where a representative of the winning institution(s) will be invited to give a talk on their achievements.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The Award is sponsored by Microsoft and carries a prize of EUR 5,000.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The Award can be given to an individual or to a group.
- To be eligible, participants must be located in one of the member or candidate member countries of the Council of Europe or Israel.
- Members of the Informatics Europe Education Working Group and of the Award Committee are not eligible.
The proposal should include:
- Names and addresses of the applicant or applicants;
- Indication of whether the submission is on behalf of an individual or a group;
- Description of the achievements (max 5 pages);
- Evidence of availability of the outcomes of the initiative to the teaching community (max 2 pages);
- Evidence of impact (max 5 pages);
- A reference list (which may include URLs of supporting material);
- One or two letters of support. The letters of support may come for example from school or university management, associations, or colleagues in the same or another institution.
For more information, visit https://www.informatics-europe.org/awards/education-award/call-for-submissions-20.html
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.