Deadline: 22 September 2019
IREN, a top player among Italian multi-utilities, is seeking startups and technology companies that aim revolutionize the utilities sector for the third edition of its IREN Startup Award, powered by Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center through its international acceleration program, the Intesa Sanpaolo StartUp Initiative.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IREN has launched IREN UP, the new Corporate Venture Capital instrument that provides investments up to EUR 2 million for high potential technology initiatives. All startups applying for the competition will automatically enter the IREN UP deal flow.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The competition envisions two categories with two distinct programs:
- SEED CATEGORY: all startups or university spin-offs that have developed a technology or a product (even in prototype form) or have filed a patent, can participate
- GROWTH CATEGORY: all startups or SMEs with innovative solutions that have previously carried out a seed investment round or a post-revenue technology initiative that has already accounted for revenues of at least € 1 MLN, can participate
Solution spaces addressed by this call include:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Energy (power generation, district heating, energy management)
- Water (distribution networks, purification & treatment)
- Waste (management, treatment, circular economy)
- Utility Networks (operations and maintenance, metering and billing, smart grid)
- Mobility (e-mobility, mobility as a service, sharing, vehicle-to-X, etc.)
- Value Added Services (customer engagement, marketing, new services, support to public admin.)
- SEED category winner:
- Sponsorship of EUR 15.000
- One-month customized acceleration program (with non-continuous presence) in collaboration with IREN and key players of the Cleantech ecosystem.
- GROWTH category winner:
- Sponsorship of EUR 15.000
- Partnership Program: one-month customized program (with non-continuous presence) aimed at preparing and structuring a partnership proposal that can be implemented with IREN.
- SPECIAL PRIZE Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center: the company will be included in the ISP-IC highpotential startups portfolio with fast track access to business development services such as scaleup programs and tech-matching services.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applications will be reviewed and screened by the organizers on the basis of six key drivers:
- Team (complementary skills, commitment and own resources, ability to involve relevant advisors)
- Market opportunity (addressable market size and growth projections, go-to-market, competitive landscape)
- Product (market need being solved, design and innovation, competitive advantages, development stage)
- Defensibility (barriers-to-entry such as IP if applicable, otherwise time-to-market, exclusivity, traction, or other)
- Economics (5-year plan with robust assumptions, use of funds raised, ROI strategy)
- Fit with IREN’s strategy (to learn more about their business units)
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.gruppoiren.it/startupaward/
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.