Deadline: 1 July 2019
Nominations are open for European Cultural Tourism Network (ECTN) Award to enhance the visibility of European cultural tourism destinations, create a platform for sharing experience and knowledge and promotes networking between destinations.
The 2019 overall theme is based mainly on the Interreg Europe CHRISTA Project (Culture and Heritage for Responsible, Innovative and Sustainable Tourism Actions), initiated by ECTN with 9 partner destinations and ECTN as advisory partner in charge of project communications (2016-2020).
Cultural tourism is the fastest growing sector of European tourism and can contribute both to the sustainability and competitiveness of tourism in the European Union and beyond and to the sustainable future of heritage sites and local communities.
Cultural Tourism products and services are important factors in sustainable development, contributing to the protection and promotion of cultural heritage, the extension of the tourism period, as well as increasing heritage awareness among tourists and host communities, regional GDP and its multiplier effects.
The 2019 Awards address the following heritage-related aspects of sustainable cultural tourism:
- Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Heritage Interpretation Facilities
- Innovation and Digitisation in Cultural Tourism Development and Promotion
- Transnational Thematic Tourism Products, including Cultural Routes
- Culinary Heritage, Wine, Food and Gastronomy Tourism (supported by Iter Vitis cultural route for wine tourism and FOODBIZ Erasmus+ project led by University of Macerata)
- Contributions by Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs) to Cultural and Creative Tourism (Cult-Create project)
- Actions during the ‘European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018’, initiative on ‘Tourism and heritage’.
The Joint Awards are open to all tourist destinations across Europe, national, regional and local authorities, tourism boards and associations, destination management organisations, museums, interpretation centres, festivals and cultural NGOs.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia And Montenegro, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
For more information, please visit http://www.culturaltourism-network.eu/award-2019.html