Deadline: 31 December 2018
Nominations are now open for the the Finnish Government’s International Gender Equality Prize 2019 which will be awarded for the second time in autumn 2019, can go to a person or organisation working to promote gender equality in an internationally significant way.
The prize, established in 2017 in honour of the 100th anniversary of Finland’s independence, was first awarded to Federal Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel, whose life’s work has made her one of the world’s most influential people and an example to many women and girls.
The award sum for the next prize has been increased to EUR 300,000.
- Anyone is welcome to nominate a candidate for the prize.
- All the nominations will be submitted to a prize jury consisting of international experts.
- The Government will make the final decision on the recipient of the prize.
- nominations must be written in English
- all relevant information must be included in the form; additional information sent separately will not be accepted
- self-nominations will not be accepted
How to Apply
Nominate a candidate for the 2019 International Gender Equality Prize by filling the web form given on the website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2O7Vg8G