Deadline: 5 January 2019
Front Line Defenders is currently accepting nominations for 2019 Front Line Defenders Award for Human Rights Defenders at Risk.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
As 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the seminal Stonewall uprising which led to the global movement of LGBT+ Pride marches the 2019 Front Line Defenders Award will prioritise honouring the work of human rights defenders (HRDs) at risk working to defend and advance the rights of the LGBT+ community.
The annual Front Line Defenders Award was established in 2005 to honour the work of HRDs who are courageously making outstanding contributions to the promotion and protection of the human rights of others, often at great personal risk to themselves. The Award focuses international attention on the HRDs work, providing them with a greater national and international platform to speak about and advocate for their work.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
From an open nomination process, 5 HRDs will be identified as regional award winners for Africa, the Americas, Asia, ECA and the MENA and from these 5 regional winners, an overall global Award laureate will be identified by a jury of Irish and European parliamentarians.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- the nature of human rights defender’s work
- the impact of human rights defender’s work in advancing the rights of others
- the level of risk or negative consequences associated with human rights defender’s work
- the continued commitment to advancing human rights, despite high level risks
- the potential impact of receiving the Award on the human rights defender and their work
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- Nominations can be submitted by organisations or individuals.
- Individual nominees may not play a prominent role in a political party.
- Individual nominees must be currently active in human rights work (the Front Line Defenders Award is not intended to recognise a historical or posthumous contribution).
- Individual nominees should not have previously been the recipient of high-profile international recognition.
- Nominees should be active human rights defenders and must not be living in exile.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- All nominations must be accompanied by the names and contact details of 2 referees.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.frontlinedefenders.org/en/front-line-defenders-award
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.