Deadline: 20 March 2020
The 2020 Australian Alumni Awards are an opportunity to celebrate alumni excellence and their outstanding contribution to their profession, community and country through exemplary leadership, integrity, innovation and hard work. The Awards honors the alumni work and talent, demonstrated at the local, national and/or international level.
The Australian Embassy in Jakarta will announce the winners of the 2020 Australian Alumni Awards during the Alumni Gala event in April. Through this event, the Award winners will gain further benefits through increased publicity, international recognition as well as increased network opportunities.
- The Alumni Awards are open to all Australian Alumni, including recipients of Australian Government scholarships, Indonesian government scholarships, education institution scholarships, as well as all those who self-fund their study. It also includes alumni of short course awards who do not receive a formal qualification.
- All entries, except past Award winners, may be re-submitted. There is no entry fee for submission.
The 2020 Alumni Awards recognise achievements within the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership, innovation, entrepreneurship and best practices at the local, national and/or international level;
- Demonstrated personal commitment to principles and values of fairness, equality and equity;
- Evidence of outstanding contribution to and recognition by their profession or industry;
- Have commendable aspirations to create future impact; and
- Demonstrated commitment and contribution to promoting linkages between Australia and Indonesia;
- Evidence of outstanding contributions to and recognition by the community and their profession towards promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment and ending violence against women and children; and/or promoting multi faith, peace and justice.
- Other considerations include:
- Degree of difficulty of the achievement and efforts invested;
- Achievements by an individual or as part of a group or organisation; and
- Magnitude and significance of impacts.
How to Apply
- You can nominate either yourself or other alumni who fulfills the criteria;
- Self-nominations are permitted. If you apply, or are nominating someone for the awards, you are asked to provide supporting documents, including but not limited to:
- Current biography or curriculum vitae;
- Personal stories, e.g. your/their experience of studying in Australia and how this has contributed to your/their achievements;
- Soft copy of award or certificates of achievement; and
- Other items of interest, e.g. links to research publication, news articles, multimedia/audio-visual content and project websites;
- Third-party nominations can be from a range of sources, including from the Australian universities, employers and community members.
All applicants must complete and submit an Alumni Awards Nomination Form online via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.australiaawardsindonesia.org/content/170/15/the-2019-alumni-awards?sub=true