Deadline: 24 October 2019
Culture Resource is currently accepting applications for its Production Awards program to support artists and writers from the Arab region, below the age of 35, by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects.
The program helps give young people the opportunity to create original works and develop new forms of artistic expression.
- The Production Awards program aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region.
- Grants are available for the following disciplines:
- Performing arts: The development and production of theatrical, dance and other performance arts productions.
- Visual arts: The production and organization of visual art, installation art, video art and art book exhibitions.
- Literature: The creation and publication of novels, short stories and poetry anthologies.
- Music: The creation and audio and audiovisual recording of vocal and instrumental musical works.
- Cinema/video: The production of short, medium-length and feature-length fictional, documentary, animated and experimental films and video works.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts and of up to $15,000 for projects in cinema and video.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of 1 January 2018. Applications submitted by individuals not in this age bracket will be discarded.
- Applicants must be from an Arab country, regardless of ethnic background, citizenship status or whether they reside in the Arab region or abroad.
- Application is open to artists of all disciplines: Performance arts, visual arts, literature, music, cinema/video, etc.
- The application must be submitted by: a film director for projects in the cinema/video category, a theatre director, choreographer or dance performance director for the performing arts, a writer for the literature production award, a musician or performer for the music category, and the main artist or curator for the visual arts.
- The applications must be completed in Arabic on the form available on the applications website.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must include with their application a copy of their birth certificate, a letter of approval signed by a parent or guardian, and a copy of the identity card/passport of that parent/guardian.
- Applicants must attach a detailed budget projection, in the local currency of their country, for the project they plan to carry out.
- Applicants must include a detailed CV.
- They should also include a photocopy of their identity card or passport.
- Applicants may not apply for support for more than one project, whether in a single discipline or more than one discipline.
- Work on the proposed project can not begin before one month after the results are announced as the program does not cover project expenses incurred prior to the announcement of the results.
- The program offers grants of up to $10,000 for projects in the following categories: literature, performing arts, visual arts and music. In the cinema/video category, the program offers grants of up to $15,000.
- In literature, performing arts, visual arts and music the total projected budget for the proposed project must not exceed $20,000
- In the cinema/video category, the amount of the projected budget for the proposed project is open.
- Should the applicant have another funding source, he/she must clarify this in the application form and in the projected budget and the project’s funding plan.
- Applications that are incomplete or lack the necessary attachments and supporting documents will not be considered.
- The Production Award program does not cover the reproduction of a project that has been previously produced or presented, or a project in the following domains: websites, workshops, support for entities or organizations, research.
- Applications will not be accepted from previous recipients of Culture Resource production awards until three years have lapsed after they received their previous grant. Applicants who still have an open Production Awards grant cannot apply.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The applications must be completed in Arabic via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://mawred.org/grants-opportunities/supporting-artists-creativity/production-awards/?lang=en#1550584736402-52ac6dae-38e6
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.