Deadline: 1 July 2016
Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World is currently inviting applications under the theme of Empowering Women through Safety and Security. The main objectives of Project Inspire are to involve and empower youth to be the next generation of change makers, and provide them with the platform to make a difference.
Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World is a joint initiative from the Singapore Committee for UN Women and MasterCard, to help young change-makers create a better world for women and girls in Asia and the Pacific.
- Grand Prize: The grand prize winner will receive a US$25,000 grant to implement their project.
- Financial Inclusion Award: One Financial Inclusion Award winner will receive a US$10,000 grant to implement their project.
- Hackathon Award: 4 Code4Impact winners will receive a dedicated crowd funding page to raise funds and exposure for their projects.
- Ten finalists will each receive:
- Return flight from the finalist’s capital city to Singapore, to participate in the Grand Final.
- Ticket to the Project Inspire Grand Final in November.
- Nights’ accommodation in Singapore, plus meals and transfers.
- Exclusive INSEAD and Bain & Company workshops, plus one-on-one mentoring.
- The project must empower disadvantaged women and/or girls.
- The project must encompass safety and/or security concept(s).
- The project can either be a new initiative or based on an existing initiative.
- The beneficiaries of the project must be women or girls in Asia and/or the Pacific.
- The proposed project must not propagate any political views or religious doctrines.
- The project must be designed to be implemented with a budget of US$25,000.
- The winner of this competition must commence the fieldwork for their project by 1 February 2017.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, China, Chile, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, United States.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Empowering Women through Safety and Security.