- Professional Competition: 14 January 2020
- Open Competition: 7 January 2020
- Student Competition: 29 November 2019
World Photography Organization is currently seeking nominations for the Sony world Photography Awards, the world’s leading awards for artists working in contemporary photography.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The internationally acclaimed Sony World Photography Awards is one of the most important fixtures in the global photographic calendar. With the power to kickstart and shape careers, the Awards provide those working in photography a global stage to showcase their work. Previous winning and shortlisted photographers have gone on to be represented by renowned galleries and institutions worldwide, as well as their work being featured in major international publications.
In addition, the Awards recognize the world’s most influential artists working in the medium through the Outstanding Contribution to Photography award.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Successful Photographers can receive:
- Inclusion in global and country- specific media and marketing campaigns;
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London;
- Potential to be included in International exhibitions;
- Inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards book;
- Opportunity to apply for the Sony Grant to further personal photographic projects.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- A total prize fund of $60,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between the winning photographers.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The professional Competition is admiring to reward and showcase the world’s most outstanding bodies of work. For emerging photographers, the Awards can open doors to publishing deals, gallery representation and worldwide exhibitions. For established artists, the Awards offer a global platform to share personal projects and recognition for their passion for the medium. Artists can enter multiple series of works to the following categories: Architecture, Creative, Discovery, Documentary, Environment, Landscape, Natural World & Wildlife, Portraiture, Still Life, and Sport.
- Photographer of the Year receives $25,000 (USD), a range of Sony digital imaging equipment and inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London.
- Category winners receive flights and accommodation to the Awards ceremony/ range of Sony digital imaging equipment/, publication in the Sony World Photography Awards book, London.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winners receive Awards ceremony ticket/ publication in the Sony World Photography Awards book/inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London.
- Shortlisted photographers -works shown on digital screens at Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House, London.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
The open competition celebrates outstanding standalone images from across the world. Successful images will communicate a visual narrative through excellent technical and creative skills. It aims to uncover images that show the world around.
- Photographer of the Year- $5,000 (USD), a range of Sony digital imaging equipment, flights and accommodation to the Awards ceremony and Inclusion in Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition, Somerset House London.
- 10 category winners receives a range of Sony digital imaging equipment, publication in Sony World Photography Awards book and Inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition , Somerset House London.
- Shortlisted Photographers- works shown on digital screens at Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition , Somerset House London.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
The Student Competition is one of the popular program to reward and showcases the work of the world’s most talented photography students. Program opened to all academic institution challenge students to submit a series of three to five images responding to a particular brief.
- Students Photographer of the year – receive €30,000 worth of Sony digital imaging equipment for his or her institution and inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition, Somerset House London.
- 10 shortlisted photographers- receives lights and accommodation to the Awards ceremony, a range of Sony digital imaging equipment, publication in Sony World Photography Awards book and inclusion in Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition, Somerset House London.
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information please visit https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.